Our History @ Holton Gun & Bow Club
The HGBC was started in 1962 by a group of people from the Holton & Twin Lake areas. They had originally started (In 1960) shooting behind the American Legion in Holton. The group decided they wanted to purchase some property and start a shooting club. The Holton School District had 80 acres on Crystal Lake Rd which had caught fire & was burned over. The group purchased the property to be the home for the Holton Gun & Bow Club. They had their first meeting in August of 1962 to elect their club’s officers.
The members of the Holton Gun Club wanted a family friendly, safe facility where members could participate in the different shooting disciplines.
Holton Gun & Bow Club is a private club, yet we welcome new applicants. We do hold shoots that are open to the public from time to time.
Over the years - The Holton Gun Club has evolved to become a 4-season shooting facility with a:
- 1500sq-ft clubhouse with a meeting room, office, and kitchen.
- 5-lane 75/100/200yd Rifle Range with weather protected benches connected to the clubhouse.
- 40-lane 50/100/200yd Rifle Range with outdoor covered benches.
- 4-lane 300yd Rifle Range shared with the 40-lane range.
- Archery Range with both ground and elevated shooting stations.
- Pistol Range with open and covered stations shooting toward a 50yd berm
Here are some Club Practices:
- SEE THE Event Schedule FOR EVENT INFORMATION. See the home page marquee for last minute changes to the schedule. Also see 2019 Shooting Schedule for a historic view if you are interested.
- Sunday Shoots begin at 11:00 A.M., sight in begins at 10:00 AM. except on Meeting Day
- On Meeting Sunday: Officers Meet privately at 9:00AM, Club Membership Meeting opens at 10AM, then a Shoot follows the meeting around 11:00AM.
- On Meeting Sunday's: Bring A Dish To Pass and stay to enjoy the buffet
- When our members and guests shoot independent of events, they clean up the shooting station and target areas of brass, paper, gum wrappers, etc, and dispose of waste in trash containers.
- DURING NBRSA SHOOTS & IBS SHOOTS & DNR DAYS -- ALL RANGES ARE CLOSED EXCEPT TO EVENT PARTICIPANTS.
- ON GHPD TRAINING DAYS -- THE CLUB IS ENTIRELY CLOSED FROM 9AM TO 5PM