About Us @ Holton Gun & Bow Club
The HGBC was started in 1962 by a group of people from the Holton & Twin Lake areas. They had originally started (In 1960) shooting behind the American Legion in Holton. The group decided they wanted to purchase some property and start a shooting club. The Holton School District had 80 acres on Crystal Lake Rd which had caught fire & was burned over. The group purchased the property to be the home for the Holton Gun & Bow Club. They had their first meeting in August of 1962 to elect their club’s officers.
The members of the Holton Gun Club wanted a family friendly, safe facility where members could participate in the different shooting disciplines. Over the years - The Holton Gun Club has evolved to become a 4-season shooting facility with a:
- 1500sq-ft clubhouse with a meeting room, office, and kitchen.
- 5-lane 75/100/200yd Rifle Range with weather protected benches connected to the clubhouse.
- 40-lane 50/100/200yd Rifle Range with outdoor covered benches.
- 4-lane 300yd Rifle Range shared with the 40-lane range.
- Archery Range with both ground and elevated shooting stations.
- Pistol Range with open and covered stations shooting toward a 50yd berm
Holton Gun & Bow Club is a private club, yet we welcome new applicants. We do hold shoots that are open to the public from time to time.
Here are some Club Practices:
- SEE THE Event Schedule FOR EVENT INFORMATION. See the home page marquee for last minute changes to the schedule. Also see 2019 Shooting Schedule for a historic view if you are interested.
- Sunday Shoots begin at 11:00 A.M., sight in begins at 10:00 AM. except on Meeting Day
- On Meeting Sunday: Officers Meet privately at 9:00AM, Club Membership Meeting opens at 10AM, then a Shoot follows the meeting around 11:00AM.
- On Meeting Sunday's: Bring A Dish To Pass and stay to enjoy the buffet
- DURING NBRSA SHOOTS & IBS SHOOTS & DNR DAYS -- ALL RANGES ARE CLOSED EXCEPT TO EVENT PARTICIPANTS.
- ON GHPD TRAINING DAYS -- THE CLUB IS ENTIRELY CLOSED FROM 9AM TO 5PM